Bookings are now open for this year's Spring Mini Sessions!
Beautiful, heart-bursting photographs
for busy outdoor-loving families
1st and 8th May
Lauriston Castle, Edinburgh
There are only a limited number of places for this years spring family photography mini sessions! Click on the button below to secure your place.
Are you looking for an update to your family photographs, but don’t have the time to spend hours at a photography session? You want to capture the memories, remember your children at this age, but the thought of a long photography session is just too much right now?
Perhaps you’d just like just enough photographs to update your home gallery? Beautiful, timeless, connected images of you and your favourites to treasure always?
Can you imagine a stunning framed portrait of your family on your wall? Your family, laughing, connected, enjoying time together…
What are family photography mini sessions?
Mini sessions are short photography sessions with a focus on updating the photos of your family. They are held on set weekend dates, at a set location and are strictly limited to 20 minutes. The sessions are suitable for families of up to five with children older than three.
This years’ Spring Mini Sessions are being held on May 1st and May 8th at Lauriston Castle, 2 Cramond Rd S, Edinburgh EH4 6AD.
How does it work?
1. To book, click the button below, choose a booking time, complete the booking information and pay the £65 session fee – this fee covers all preparation materials and the time on the day
2. After booking I will send you a detailed guide on how to prepare, what to wear and what to expect, I’ll also be on hand with any questions you may have about the sessions
3. On the day we’ll meet at your chosen time at a designated meeting point
4. We’ll go on a relaxed short walk, capturing gorgeous photographs of you and your family on the way
5. After the session, you will be sent a slideshow of approximately 20 images to choose from
6. You can then choose to purchase an image package that includes either three images, five images, or all images
7. All image packages include an amount of print credit, to spend on prints, wall art and other products from my online store
But won’t it be weird? I hate having my photo taken!
It’s not awkward or weird I promise! Just relaxed, easy and fun. I’ll guide you every step of the way!
I’ll send you tips and tricks ahead of the session to ensure everything runs smoothly. I’ll also suggest what to wear/not to wear to ensure your photos last a lifetime.
Then on the day I’ll never leave you ‘hanging’ or wondering what to do with your hands! I’ll show you just how to stand/move/interact to get great shots. All in a socially distanced way of course!
And I’ll do all this while still ensuring everyone has a fantastic time! EVERYONE who comes away from a session with me comments on how much they enjoyed it – and how surprised they were that they did!
Mini sessions are a great way to update your home gallery with timeless, connected images of you and your family in a fun and relaxed way!
– A mini sessions run for strictly 20 minutes.
– Mini sessions are suitable for families of up to five people, all over the age of 3. If you have more people or younger children my regular family photography packages would be better suited.
– To book a mini session you’ll be asked to pay a session fee of £65. This includes all your preparation materials and photography time on the day. This fee does not include any images.
– After the session, you will be presented with an online slideshow of approximately 20 images.
– You then choose from three image packages;
- Collection A – including 3 digital images and £40 print credit – £149
- Collection B – including 5 digital images and £70 print credit – £229
- Collection C – including ALL digital images and £140 print credit – £229
– Print credit is used as a gift voucher, to purchase products from my online store. You can purchase loose prints, print sets, wall art, calendars, canvases and much more. There are products to suit each print credit spend amount.
Who am I?
I’m an award-winning people photographer with over two decades of experience taking photographs professionally. I bring a warmth and cheer to my work that makes me excellent (in particular) with families. I adore kids, and getting the most delirious giggles out of them on a session is one of the best perks of my job. The friendly rapport I naturally secure with my clients also means I’m pretty good at coaxing them into a relaxed, happy place when they’re having their photo taken. Lots of us hate having our picture taken (hey, we’re only human) and having a photographer who sets you at ease is a really magical thing.
a special talent
Rebecca has photographed my boys many times and I’ve always loved the photos which hang on my wall at home. She is so great at making the kids feel relaxed and at ease and always gets such natural photographs… Rebecca is such a special talent.
So how do I book?
Please click on the button below to access the booking page. On this page you will be asked to complete the following steps;
- Choose a day and time
- Enter your contact details
- Sign the contract
- Complete a quick questionnaire
- Pay the £65 session fee
unique ability to relax everyone
Rebecca is an incredible photographer but much more than that, she is such a lovely person. When having your photograph taken, it’s great to get that perfect snap but if you’re not comfortable then it shows. Rebecca has a very unique ability to relax everyone in the family. She makes you laugh and directs you in such a way that the end result is way better than a photographer who just knows how to work a camera well.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
I won’t lie to you, it might. You don’t live in Scotland and expect sunshine every day. But don’t panic, if the weather is looking dodgy ahead of your session, I’ll be in touch to discuss options. A little drizzle can be fun (especially for children) and, personally, I really don’t mind a little bit of Scottish dreich! But if there’s a storm with some weird name, we can think again. Don’t want us all getting washed away…
WHAT IF MY CHILDREN MISBEHAVE?
I have three of my own. They’re none of them angels. ‘Nuff said. Seriously though, please don’t worry. I’m good at getting kids to engage in the session and I’ll give you lots of top tips ahead of time to make sure you’re well-prepared. If all else fails, grumpy kids make for fantastically hilarious photos.
WHERE WILL THE SESSION BE HELD?
Exact locations will be released at the same time as bookings. They will be an easy car journey from either Edinburgh or Linlithgow.
WHY ARE MINI SESSIONS FOR ONLY FIVE PEOPLE?
Time. In the twenty minutes of a family mini session, I couldn’t provide my usual fantastic level of service for more than five people. I’m quick, but not that quick!
WHAT CONSTITUTES 'FAMILY'?
Whatever family means to you! Parents or parent, kid or kids, parent/s-to-be with a baby bump, parent/s and fur babies… You get the idea.
WHY ARE MINI SESSIONS FOR OVER 3s?
Again, this is because of the time constraint of a mini session. In my experience, there are very few children under three who can warm to someone new – to the experience of having a camera pointed at them – within the twenty minutes that a mini session allows.