Kids and Teens Online Introduction to Photography Workshop April 2021
Does your child LOVE to take photographs? Of their food, themselves, every little detail of every place you take them? Do they love the idea of being the family photographer? Then this workshop is for them!
Does your child LOVE to take photographs? Of their food, themselves, every little detail of every place you take them? Do they love the idea of being the family photographer? Then this workshop is for them.
The kids and teens beginners photography workshop will take place over the month of April, with three hour and a half online workshops on Friday evenings the 2nd, 8th and 16th April. There will be two student groups, Primary 4 - 7 (starting at 4.30pm) and Secondary 1 - 6 (starting at 6.30pm). Each week we'll be held via live zoom with plenty of time for interaction and questions. The course will cover;
- What is photography and how did it come about?
- Why is photography important?
- How does photography benefit people - both the viewer and the picture taker?
- Light - direction, temperature and quality of light, plus ideas for learning how to 'see' light better
- Colour - colour wheel, blending colours, hue, saturation etc.
- Composition - some basic techniques to improve your photography
- Using photography as a tool for mindfulness
- Creativity, capturing it and harnessing it to improve your photography
- The ethics of photo manipulation
- Basic photo editing
- How to take photography forward - as a hobby or career.
Students will be provided with a pack ahead of the course, and weekly worksheets to work through on each zoom call. In between workshops students will be encouraged to practice their skills, and are invited to upload their photographs into a (private) online folder so I can provide encouragement and suggestions for improvement.
Primary 4-7, Secondary 1-6